Global Wind Service (GWS) is one of the most experienced service providers in the wind industry, having delivered more than 200 projects in over 40 countries worldwide. We have worked on every major offshore wind farm in Europe and continue to build momentum as the preferred installation and service partner for both offshore and onshore wind projects around the globe.
GWS has completed projects in over 40 countries. The map below is a sample of the projects we have worked on.
Over a period of 18 weeks in 2017 Global Wind Service (GWS) worked on the Bearkat I project. A 57 turbines project in Texas, USA. During that time more than 100 technicians have worked at site and a total of 14 cranes were used.
- 57 Vestas v126 3.45MW turbiens
- GWS safely delivered a high quality project, and overcame multiple extreme weather and logistical challenges to complete the installation work on schedule
In 2016-17 Global Wind Service provided skilled manpower for the installation of Clyde Extension in the Scottish Lowlands.
- 54 Siemens 3.2MW direct drive turbines
- Comprehensive scope of pre-assembly, installation, mechanical & electrical completion, cold-commissioning, 500-hour service
- Safe and efficient work despite challenging weather conditions
Watch Case Study Video
In 2016, Global Wind Service (GWS) provided manpower for the installation of five GE Haliade-150 6MW turbines.
- This was the first US offshore wind farm to be installed.
- The project was completed ahead of schedule.
- GWS supplied 16 technicians.